Terms and Conditions
By accepting our terms and conditions, you expressly agree to the provisions of our privacy and data protection policy.
When you make your online reservation on the official website of the PALM Hotel & Spa at www.palm.re:
– The PALM Hotel & Spa guarantees that the entire process undergone when booking is secured by an HTTPS URL.
– When booking, the creation of an account remains optional. If you create an account when booking, we guarantee that it is secured thanks to a complex password of your choosing.
– The PALM Hotel & Spa provides you with a guarantee that all necessary means are used to protect the privacy of the personal data that you transmit, in compliance with the regulations in force.
When you browse the hotel’s official website, www.palm.re, you can book your stay online. Here are the different steps to follow:
Step 1 – SEARCH
– Click on the “Reserve” button located in the main menu. Using the booking form that appears, select the dates of your stay, the number of people, and when applicable the number of children and their ages.
– You will then be redirected to a secure page created by our provider who is specialized in online hotel booking technology. The URL that will appear in your browser will start with: https://www.secure-hotel-booking.com
Then, a page listing all the rates for each room categories available on your chosen dates will be displayed. By clicking on the “i” button displayed next to the rate, you will be given further information on the proposed rate. You will then be asked to select a room category and your preferred rate by clicking on the “BOOK” button.
– It is also possible to book additional services by selecting them (spa treatments, dinner at the restaurant, transfers, personalized welcome gifts in your room etc.)
– You can leave a comment for the hotel staff and also indicate your estimated time of arrival.
Booking and cancellation conditions are specified.
You will then be asked to click on “FINALIZE MY BOOKING” to proceed to the next step.
Step 2- PERSONAL DETAILS
Personal information is required to process your booking. Only information followed by an asterisk is required:
– Title, family name, first name, country of residence, phone number, email address. All other information is optional.
– You can create an account that will allow you to gain access to the details of your reservation at any time, and possibly to be able to modify or cancel your booking, in accordance with the general sales conditions that you accepted before confirming your reservation.
– You can ask to subscribe in order to receive our latest news and special campaigns, simply by ticking the corresponding box. This step is optional.
– The last step is to provide a credit card number complete with expiry date and cryptogram to guarantee your reservation. Our ‘RESERVIT’ provider uses ‘THAWTE’ technology, and you can download their SSL certificate at any time. Click here to find out more about how we secure your data, known as Sensitive Transactions. The payment conditions that will be requested at this point in order to guarantee your booking online are specified in the paragraph below entitled ‘Payment Conditions’. By clicking on ‘TERMINATE’, you confirm your booking, as well accepting the general sales conditions payment conditions.
Step 3 – SUMMARY
A summary of your booking will then appear. Please check all the details of your reservation and report any errors to the following email address: hotel(at)palm.re
You will automatically receive an email confirming your order.
Bookings made by credit card
If you want to book using a credit card, here are the terms of payment that will be requested (including bookings on our website):
For stays of 1 to 2 nights: an amount of 30% of the total amount of your stay will be charged by the hotel as a deposit.
For stays equal to or longer than 3 nights: the first night will be charged by the hotel as a deposit.
Upon your arrival at the hotel, you will be asked to present the credit card used for the reservation, on top of an ID card with the same name. The hotel reserves the right to refuse your booking in the event that the accredited bodies do not validate your credit card number. Your credit card number will allow you to pay for all your consumptions at the end of your stay, and avoid you to pay for each consumption at each outlet all along your stay.
The deposit you have paid will not be refunded. In case of cancellations made less than 48 hours before the arrival date or in the case of a no-show, the total amount of the reserved services will be charged to your credit card.
Rates mentioned on our website include VAT.
They do not include the tourist tax which is obligatory and must be paid on the spot at the time of departure. The tourist tax is paid in full to the municipality of Palm Hotel & Spa, which has set the amount at:
€2.00 per adult per day, for a 5-star category hotel.
This tax is not applicable to minors.
Best rates guaranteed
By booking on our official website, you are guaranteed to benefit from:
> the best prices available
> booking without an intermediary and therefore without fees
> immediate processing of your booking
> direct assistance from hotel staff
> immediate access to our E-concierge application to assist you in preparing your stay
If you find lower rates on another online booking platform, we promise to give you a discount of 5% on our proposed rate.
If this is the case, please send us an email specifying the site issuing the cheaper rate (including dates of stay) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rooms can only be booked at the PALM Hotel & Spa by people of legal age and capacity. By booking a room at the PALM Hotel & Spa, the Customer expressly declares that they fulfil these conditions.
The Customer undertakes to use the room allocated to him and all hotel facilities in a reasonable manner, in accordance with the regulations in force and in due respect of good civic manners and public order.
The Customer is liable to the PALM Hotel & Spa for any damage caused during his/her stay, as well as for any object or furniture belonging to the hotel which is missing at the end of his/her stay.
Should the PALM Hotel & Spa notice any damage or if an object, piece of linen or furniture should be missing following the Customer’s stay, the PALM Hotel & Spa will be entitled to charge the amount corresponding to the damage caused within 48 hours of the departure date from the hotel.
The PALM Hotel & Spa reminds customers that its rooms are non-smoking. Smoking in rooms represents damage to the room. The PALM Hotel & Spa will, in case of non compliance with this rule, be entitled to charge 50% of the room rate.
In case of behaviour deemed contrary to good civic manners or public order, the PALM Hotel & Spa may demand that the Customer leaves the hotel immediately, without him/her being able to claim any refund or compensation.
The Customer agrees:
– to use the safe in his room for all valuables and money up to or equal to €2,000 or, if not, to deposit them in the hotel’s main safe, given that the total accumulated value of the objects stored in the customer’s room safe must not exceed €2,000;
– to place in the hotel’s main safe (which is open from 9am to 6pm), valuables and sums of money worth more than €2,000, and also his/her valuables which exceed the maximum cumulative total value of €2,000 for items placed in the customer’s room safe;
Any breach of these obligations will be considered gross negligence on the part of the client.
The Customer is informed that, compliant with legal and / or regulatory provisions, he/she may be required to fill out a police form upon arrival at the hotel and present a valid identity document.
CHECK-IN – CHECK-OUT
The room is available from 2pm on your arrival day and must be cleared before 11am on your departure day. The hotel reserves the right to charge one night extra in case the room is not cleared by 11am on your departure day.
Early arrivals & late check-outs: subject to availability, the Customer may request access to their room before 2pm on the arrival date or to keep their room after 11am and until 6pm on the departure date. This service must be requested and paid for while at the hotel at an additional fee and subject to availability.
Pets, even small pets, are not welcome at the PALM Hotel & Spa, whether in its rooms, restaurants, spa or public areas.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The PALM Hotel & Spa reserves the right to modify or update these terms and conditions at any time, and this without prior notice. Please consult them regularly. Last modified on: 28th June, 2018
MEDIATION OF CONSUMPTION
According to Article L152-1 of the Consumer Code, it is noted that “every consumer has the right to benefit from the free services of a consumer mediator for the amicable resolution of any dispute with a professional. For this purpose, the professional guarantees to the consumer the provision of a consumer mediation measure.” Please note that mediation is not compulsory but only proposed in order to resolve disputes by avoiding unnecessary litigation.
You may contact the Ombudsman for Tourism and Travel, whose contact details and referral methods are available below:
Mr Jean-Pierre Teyssier,
MTV Mediation Tourism Travel,
BP 80 303 75823 Paris Cedex 17